Paleo, Primal, and Gluten-Free Recipes

Whole 30 2: Days 5, 6, and 7

Whole 30 2: Days 5, 6, and 7

Though I prefer to post each day individually, because these three days have been odd I decided to post them together. It has been a tough 3 days, but I stuck with my Whole 30 goals to the best of my abilities.

It was my first day back to work since my Christmas vacation. I made a quick breakfast of some potatoes and eggs scrambled together. Not pretty but it was quick and tasted good.

Mid-morning, I had an apple. Not long after that I started to feel pressure in my chest and heartburn. The pressure intensified to pain around my rib cage, so I decided to leave work early.

I’m not sure if I had a stomach bug or food poisoning, but I was sick all day. I felt so bad I reached out to my neighbors to get me some medicine at the drug store to help settle my stomach. Thank goodness I have such awesome neighbors!

In addition to the annoyance of feeling bad, I set up something really good in my crockpot that morning, and not only was I not able to enjoy it, coming home to that smell really grossed me out. It’ll be good later in the week I’m sure.

By about 11 pm my pain had subsided and I was able to suck on some frozen blueberries which really calmed my stomach.

I stayed home from work the next day in case what I had was a virus—I didn’t want to spread it. I slept until mid-day, which I only do when I am sick. I have always been an early riser. I’m pretty sure the last time I slept until mid-day was when I had pneumonia when I was 19.

Thankfully, I had homemade broth in the freezer which I drank at intervals throughout the day, along with a lot of water and weak tea. I tried some steamed sweet potato in the afternoon, which did not work out…won’t give you the details. Otherwise, I didn’t eat all day, but felt well enough to go to the store in the evening and got some mineral water and ingredients to make a smoothie with electrolyte-containing ingredients. I got the bananas and applesauce from the BRAT diet that is recommended after a stomach bug.

I made this smoothie with frozen mixed berries, almond milk, banana, and avocado. I couldn’t finish it all, so I froze the leftovers in an ice cube tray.

The next day, I didn’t feel 100% but felt a lot better relative to the last 2 days, so I went to work.

I took out some of the leftover smoothie ice cubes and re-blended them with a little more almond milk.

I had a banana mid-morning.

For lunch, I had some unsweetened applesauce, and about 16 oz of homemade broth.

Mid-afternoon, I had another applesauce.

Thankfully, it was a nice sunny day for a walk. A stroll is the only workout I could muster these last 3 days.

For dinner, I had more broth, a couple poached eggs, and some crispy potatoes. I felt a little pressure in my stomach after this meal, but otherwise all was well.

Hopefully, I will feel back to normal tomorrow!

2 thoughts on “Whole 30 2: Days 5, 6, and 7”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *